The Dentist Huntersville, NC
Having damaged, misaligned, or stained teeth is like training for a marathon just to break a leg the day before the race – you do all the work and have nothing to show for it. You brush, floss and visit the dentist regularly but the hard work doesn’t pay off. You know you deserve to show off a beautiful smile but instead you find yourself constantly hiding behind closed lips.
Sometimes, you need more than healthy oral hygiene and regular dental visits. Fortunately, Dr. Tate C. Langdon, the dentist in Huntersville, offers veneers for patients in need of a smile makeover.
What are Veneers?
Veneers are thin, tooth-shaped shells made of porcelain and are designed to cover the front of a damaged or unattractive tooth.
Veneers are custom made by our laboratory to match your desired shade, shape and size for a natural looking but enhanced smile. Because they are bonded over the natural tooth, veneers offer an alternative to painful tooth extraction and allow the natural tooth to remain largely intact.
Benefits of Veneers
Many of our patients have chosen to receive veneers because they mask a variety of dental flaws including:
- Stained or discolored teeth
- Chipped, cracked or broken teeth
- Widely spaced teeth
- Misaligned teeth
- Teeth that are too short or small
Our veneers are also crafted out of porcelain. Porcelain is a material that offers the closest match to the shine and hue of natural teeth, so your veneers blend in perfectly for a beautifully natural smile.
Steps to Receiving Veneers
Here at our office, Dr. Tate C. Langdon, the Huntersville Dentist, can create your customized veneers in just several visits to our office!
- The first step to receiving veneers requires a consultation with Dr. Langdon. During this consultation you can discuss your desired results and specify the shape, size and color of your veneers.
- The next step involves removing a small amount of enamel from your teeth. This allows room for your veneers to be bonded to the front of your natural tooth. This process is pain free but for patients who are uncomfortable, anesthetics can be applied.
- After the enamel is removed, Dr. Langdon will make impressions of your teeth and mouth. These impressions will be sent to our laboratory where your veneers will be created. It generally takes two to three weeks for your veneers to be created. In the meantime, Dr. Langdon will apply temporary veneers to protect your natural teeth.
- Once your veneers come in from the laboratory you will be able to examine them and make small adjustments to the shape and size. Once you are satisfied with the veneers, Dr. Langdon will bond them to the front of your teeth using special dental cement.
- Once the cement hardens you are free to enjoy your beautiful new smile!
Our Dentist Huntersville, Dr. Tate C. Langdon has years of experience in helping patients achieve the best smile of their life with veneers. Call us or visit our office to learn more about how to finally get the brilliant smile you deserve with veneers in Huntersville, NC!